Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Ups and Downs

On the back of six of hours of sleep yesterday was a fairly decent one. I had the energy to do some cleaning. I didn't nap. I even picked up the guitar and finished a book. I was hoping that the increases in my meds were working. It was an up day.

Last night I didn't fall asleep till one and was up at two and again at three. I fell asleep again at four and here I am at six awake and writing. It is hard to stay positive. It's hard to convince myself that yesterday was the beginning of the new normal and today is a fluke. It's far easier, based on past experiences, to believe that the reverse is true. Still, I shall try to remain positive and active today. What else can I do. Depression, dear reader, has more ups and downs than the wickedest of roller coasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment