Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Brief Review

At the age of 12 I was diagnosed with Chronic Major Depression. That was 24 years ago. While the depression is constant, I have managed to adjust to such a degree that I have lived a not too bad life. However, one to two times a year I suffer from a major depressive episode which is debilitating and can last anywhere from two weeks to ten months. I have lost friends, and my self more times than I care to recall.

It is not my intention to rehash my past experiences save for when doing so is necessary to understand any current post. It is my hope that this all too public forum will serve as a means of communication as aside from my wife I have no friendships and as little contact with the world as possible. Furthermore, my doctor and therapist argue that I might glean some new take on my illness if I keep a running account of my existence.

I do not want your pity. I only wish to provide a honest and thorough accounting of my illness and its impact on my life. Now that I think about it, in many ways my illness is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment