Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Return of the Family

My wife and son are returning today from their little beach vacation. I'll be very happy to see them. Seeing them always makes me happy. However, and it saddens me to say this, I'll be alone with my son for to days. It saddens me because I love him so much yet my depression and anxiety always fill me with dread when I know it will just be the two of us for an extended period of time. My anxiety tells me that something will occur which I'll be incapable of handling. While my depression tells me that I simply won't be able to deal with eight hours of just the two of us. Still, that is tomorrow. Today I must focus on their return and the happiness that will bring me. While one day at a time is a bit cliche it is very hard to do in actuality. Yet we must try dear reader. Mustn't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment