Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Have Nothing Left to Fear

My first week back on the job was far more successful then I could have ever hoped for. I find, that unlike last yer, I am looking forward to the start of the new school year. I haven't any feelings of dread or anxiety. Rather, I'm filled with anticipation like I have not felt since my first year of teaching. I also received my first pay check in nearly a year. I do believe my wife was more excited than I was. Really, who can blame her with all she has done for me over the past year. That check, a simple slip of paper, gave me a feeling of pride that I haven't felt in a very long time. In short, dear reader, the week was a great one. To conclude, I realized that with all of the horrors I've experienced over the past year and survived there is truly nothing left for me to fear.  

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Wow. I've been out of my day job for about two years now, and am just beginning to feel like I'm ready to try again ... in say a year. I miss the feeling of accomplishment, pride, and independence that comes from getting a paycheck. Wishing you all the best! And saying, don't get too discouraged if tough days come, re-read your post here and know there is always another day like this one somewhere in the future.
    Adventures in Anxiety Land

    ReplyDelete