Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Preparing

In a mere six days I will make my return to work. I have done the following to prepare myself: Haircut, Clothes dry cleaned, new shoulder bag purchased, new white and black tees purchased. In short, I'm superficially prepared. Mental preparedness is a whole different matter. Am I mentally prepared to return to the classroom? Can I mentally do all that is required of a teacher? I'm not sure. I don't really care to find out either. I would love to be a virtual teacher, speaking and teaching to students via computer. Never would I need to step foot into a classroom. Everything would exist in this strange virtual world we have created where relationships have the appearance of being normal when the opposite is true. While there is a virtual school in my district, the jobs are really tough to come by which tells me that I'm not the only one who wishes to escape to the world of binary codes where I can exist as a mere stream of zeroes and ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment